Problem after upgrade to SF 5.0 with custom module compiling

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:57

Problem after upgrade to SF 5.0 with custom module compiling

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi guys,

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but after upgrading to SF 5.0 I also tried to upgrade my custom modules. I pointed to the new assemblies and hit Build. I'm getting the error:

Error 38 The given key was not present in the dictionary.

No matter what I try, it won't build.
I know that it still uses the OpenAccess enhancer that comes with the 4.4 SDK. Does it mean I have to wait for the 5.0 SDK? I tried to use the enhancer of a separate OpenAccess installation (latest version) but that doesn't work.

Anyone else who had this problem?

Daniel

Well, it definitely is some OpenAccess related as my Output window shows:
OpenAccess Enhancer error 0: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

As you may have noticed the SDK for 5.0 is still not released ( it will be pretty soon ), so what I can suggest you is to wait for it and then upgrade all your custom modules and reference to the new assemblies ( and the enhancer as well ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I'm going to migrate a Sitefinity 4.2 project to 5.3.

So I migrated it to 4.3 and then 5.0 but as soon as I updated it to V5.0 I got same error!

Could you advice how you have handled it?

Thanks,
Saeed!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Saeed,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on the process of upgrading to 5.0? Do you have any custom modules in your project? If you have such, did you enhance the modules after upgrade to 5.0?

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Saeed,

In the end all problems were caused by wrong references. The thing is that this is hard to find out, so I spend much time deleting and re-adding references to the right projects. I use the Sitefinity website as main source for all references that I make from other projects.

I also had problems with some marketplace controls that had their own libraries included that were build agains older Sitefinity versions, so that could maybe also be a problem?

Regards,
Daniel

This thread is closed