Facebook RSS to Sitefinity News

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:49

Facebook RSS to Sitefinity News

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

I want to display facebook rss feeds as sitefinity news. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Fadi Raheel

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Does anyone have any info on this? even if it's just a plain "No" (though I really hope not).

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Fadi,

Yes, this is possible. I have included a link to our documentation that further explains how to setup RSS feeds. You can setup the RSS feed by clicking on Administration >> Feeds & Notifications (Under Alternative Publishing). From here you can setup what kind of RSS feed you would like to create. After you have your RSS feed setup, you can place the RSS widget on a page.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

I created a feed and configured it to be published as News items. I then added a news widget to my page but couldn't find out how to select my feed as the data source.

I also couldn't find the RSS widget in the toolbox as well as the Images, videos and documents content modules... Are those available in sitefinity 5.0 Small Business Edition?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Fadi,

The issue that you are experiencing is related to a problem with the Small Business edition of Sitefinity. You can visit this thread for more info on the problem. We are working on a hotfix and you will get a notification when the hotfix is released.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed