Web Deploy for Sitefinity 5.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:48

Web Deploy for Sitefinity 5.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

When I try to web deploy my Sitefinity 5.0 instance, it gives the following error:

Copying file Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileLibraryService.svc to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileLibraryService.svc failed. Could not find file 'Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileLibraryService.svc'

This deploying method works with 4.4.

How would I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Rich

--------------------------------

Apparently, simply deleting the file worked.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Same problem here, but two files:

Unable to copy file "Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileLibraryService.svc"
Unable to copy file "Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileService.svc"

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi, As far as I can tell, simply excluding the files from the VS project then choosing Deploy all files in the project folder seems to get this working and the site works as normal. It's a workaround, so I guess it's some sort of bug. Hope this gets everything working, as it did for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

I'm getting same error when trying to check files into TFS.  The solution/project builds with no errors, but when attempting to perform a CheckIn I get:

Check In: Operation not performed
Could not find file
'C:\.....\Sitefinity\Services\Content\UserFileLibraryService.svc'.

Also happens with UserFileService.svc.

I excluded them from the project and the CheckIn works properly.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

Actually, these two .svc files have been moved and are not part of the solution anymore. However, the problem occurs, because your projects keep referencing them and practically search for files that don't exist anymore. The solution to this issue is to remove the files (UserFileLibraryService.svc, UserFileService.svc) from your project in VS and rebuild it (as @Richard properly pointed out). Then you should be able to deploy your projects successfully.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks guys, it helped me.

This thread is closed