Is it ok to hide the built in widgets?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:33

Is it ok to hide the built in widgets?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

There are a few built-in widgets that we have decided not to use for a particular site. To simplify things for our non-web-savvy editors, would there be any harm in removing or hiding those built in widgets that we don't need?

Is there a way to only show certain widgets to certain roles? (all widgets for an administrator, but only a limited number to a limited author?)

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

There should be no problem hiding any widgets from the toolboxes, actually the easiest approach is to disable them, please find attached screenshot demonstrating the location of this feature for each widget.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,
I need to do same setting for my apps as same as Dan did. But if I set uncheck those boxes enabled then no role is able to see that widget(s) at all.

Any settings that just hide to other roles but administrator role?

Thanks,

@NK @Boyan

Could you set a new backend policy against the admin role and re-check those items so they would show perhaps?

Thank you for your quick reply Steve.

I am fairly new to version 5. I am not so sure how to set a new backend policy against the admin role.

Would you show me how?

Many thanks!

Hey NK,
  Sorry it was directed more to Boyan to see if it would work...I haven't used them (yet), but I know policies exist to have different settings for different users.  I just can't remember how they're applied (per user, per role, etc)

That being said, in my 5.0 instance...they dont work anyway, not sure if it's just this instance or not (see attched)

Steve

This thread is closed