Download List - incluce webpages?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:06

Download List - incluce webpages?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
Just working with SF 5.0 and I was wondering if there was a way to create a download list which can also include links to web pages.

I would like to be able to add word and pdf options but in some cases the library will also point to a website.

If its not possible to do with a download list, is there another option?

e.g.
File1.doc - download button
file2.pdf - download button
webpage - view page
file 3.doc - download button

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

I had hoped others had tried this in the past, I guess not.

Is it possible to copy a widget and make changes to the code? If it is, I can have a look at modifying the download list.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Owain,

We don't offer this out of the box. Usually, you can modify the templates of the download list widget. However, each of them uses a control, which binds to a datasource to get the document items. You cannot have a multiple datasources for these controls and you won't be able to get pages AND documents. What you can do is create a custom widget with two controls (for example repeaters), where the first one will have documents as a datasource and the second one  - pages.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed