Sitefinity 5.0 Shared Hosting Deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:50

Sitefinity 5.0 Shared Hosting Deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have uploaded my Sitefinity website to a shared hosting environment and I am getting the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthenticationModule.InitializePropertiesFromConfiguration(String serviceName) +16
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthenticationModule.InitializeModule(HttpApplication context) +180
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinitySessionAuthenticationModule.InitializeModule(HttpApplication context) +15
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.HttpModuleBase.Init(HttpApplication context) +34
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Can any one tell me what might cause the error and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Fadi Raheel

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Fadi,

In order to diagnose the issue and provide you with a solution  I will need some more information about the project and process of deploying your website to the shared hosting environment. First of all, how did you deploy your Sitefinity WebSite to a shared hosting server? Where did you host it - have you considered checking our hosting partners or you are using one of partners services? Did you follow the steps in this blog post? You can also watch the video and check some additional notes in this URL. Also did you use claims-based authentication? Here you can find additional information about switching to this authentication.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks Stefani,

I moved my website from Godaddy's hosting to Arvixe and it works.

This thread is closed