Dynamic Widget template mapping

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:57

Dynamic Widget template mapping

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

In 5 can we map external templates for dynamic types in settings yet by any chance?

I poked around in settings but couldn't find where to do it (if it exists yet)

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Is this the way to do it?

Controls-ViewMap-<Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TYPENAME>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

Actually it's a bit different with Dynamic modules. Can you please take a look at this blog post by Josh/ We've tested the second approach and have found it to be working the best with dynamic modules external templates.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Yeah, I have it working I think...kindof...but having a "SfCtrlPresentation" root folder with a bunch of generically named GUID ascx controls is not the most awesomely maintainable system.  Like I can't even use subfolders.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I totally agree with Steve on this one,  this is ridiculous the way it currently works.

Please can you add a feature request to get this sorted.  My vote would be for the Controls-> ViewMap to be possible because ultimately when we customise any controls for a our clients, which is almost every one of them, we would want it so they can drag the widget onto the page and not have to worry about choosing where the custom template is and at the same time we would like to be able to look at the folder of templates and know which one is is for which module...

Thanks
Sean

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I've logged a feature request for implementing a more convenient way of specifyi9ng external templates for dynamic content widgets, please find the public representation of the feature request in PITS on this public URL where you can track its status and vote for its popularity.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Awesome thanks Boyan!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Awesome thanks! :)

This thread is closed