database connection

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:02

database connection

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,
I have made a module (with Radrotator) that get a picturs (from a SQLEXPRESS database) and display it,that work greate,so now i would like to integrate it (like a widget) to used it in my sitesinity 5 project but i get an error about the string connection,where do I défine it ? 
The error is , and how can i resolve this problem ?

The connection name 'CantonConnectionString' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The connection name 'CantonConnectionString' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error: 

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Thanks 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Med,

I see that you are discussing the same issue on another thread. I hope it is ok, if I suggest to continue the communication in one thread? Also if possible update us on the status of the issue.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed