How to slow down mouse over navigation menu

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:41

How to slow down mouse over navigation menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

I'm usually game for faster response menus, but someone inquired about slowing down the menu.
The problem is that when the mouse moves from a main horizontal menu item to an opposite end of the screen sub menu item, sometimes the mouse may not go as desired and the menu switches on them.
Is it possible to slow down the mouse over detection so if they veer off at all for a half second it doesn't detect that?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

Charles,

There's a great plugin for what you're looking to do, it's called hoverIntent. I use it all the time to keep navigations from jumping all over the place. :)

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Very cool looking. Can you give a quick example of how to integrate this into the sitefinity cms? the scope of it's use should be just the menu's at the top of a page. it seems like it could benefit else where but without the proper integration instructions to sitefinity, i'm a bit careful about the scope of it's effect and how to integrate this.
thanks though! looks really sweet.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

please provide example if possible or some basic steps on how to accomplish this :)

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2012 00:00

Charles,

I guess I should have clarified a bit more; I use CleanNav to generate the navigation that I hook hoverIntent to. CleanNav doesn't have any JavaScript or CSS so you can really customize the behavior.

If you still need help, let me know and we can work it out! :)

This thread is closed