Setting front end culture with Small Business edition

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:44

Setting front end culture with Small Business edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I've been trying to set the front end culture to other culture then EN (default) to get the Date and Currency displayed in FR-fr (French culture), dates must be understandable to French people.

I already posted on this forum with no answer, so I submitted a support ticket.
After several replies, the support person answered me that it is not possible to change the front end culture with the Small Business edition.

I understand the limitation of this edition to only one language and I can't imagine that the culture has to be English.

It would mean that this edition is only usable with English content, and would be inappropriate to other cultures.

Please can you clarify this point since I badly need to display Dates, RadCalendar... with the right culture.

Thank you for your support.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Antonie,

The desired scenario works as expected in Sitefinity 5.0, and it should also work in 4.4. You may download a trial of both version and check how this works. You can add second language from the Administration -> Settings, set it as default, and then remove the English. Even if we allow adding of more languages for the public side, you can still create/edit pages in the default culture only. The upgrade to 4.4 and 5.0 is fairly easy, so I hope that this is the solution.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed