Duplicate page template to a .master file

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:55

Duplicate page template to a .master file

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Is it possible to copy existing page template into a new .master page file saved in the file system with SF 5.0 backend?

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

In Sitefinity Page templates are saved in the data base and they are not associated with a physical master page, so for the moment it is not possible to offer you to еxport the dynamically generated templates to master pages. Could you please elaborate a little on your use-case scenario, so that we can try to come up with a workaround for you? Where do you want to copy this page template, in the existing project or in a new one?

Regards,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Stefani,

I would like to have a Page created and customized using SF backend. This will help me kickstart my project. Some time later I would like to manually change the existing reference to jQuery libraries and server side code by reusing what I have already created in the backend. 
This way I can save some time and will get help from the SF designer.

Thanks!

Hi,

To change the JQuery you can go to the default ScriptManager settings by selecting Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Pages -> Script Manager -> Script References -> JQuery  and change the default path, but it is not appropriate to change it because Sitefinity is stable with this particular version of JQuery and the tests we have made are connected with it.

In order to avoid your problem you can change the JQuery in your master page using the following source code for example:

<script src="/Scripts/jquery-1.3.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yes, but the major goal of changing already customized version of the master page cannot be solved.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

Can you please give more information about your major goal and why the proposed solution did not work for you?

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

As a developer I would like to customize and extend a template some editor has created for me. I would like to reuse my CSS/HTML coding skills and implement the server side logic that I need.
This is more or less general scenario.
More specific issue is that I need to customize which version of Ajax is included on that template, since editing the Ajax version from the Administrative/Options page renders the complete backend as unusable if incompatible version is selected.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

As a general approach it is always convenient to have one base masterpage with Header, Content, and Footer <div> elements which contain one ContentPlaceHolder elements in them. There you can control what to be loaded like CSS/JQuery. Then you can create Sitefinity template based on that masterpage and use it as a base for all other templates which might require additional scenarios (e.g. adding a sidebar to the content area, splitting the footer in several column layouts etc.) The convenience from this approach is that you will always have direct access to the generated HTML form the base masterpage, and you can easily include any necessary scripts and styes, as well as operate with the code-behind part if you need to do some server-side processing.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Stefani,

This is a reasonable solution if I only know upfront that I should make this important decision from the start when my template is being created. It will be nice in this case that SF will provide me with an empty master page disk based template option.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Martin,

Please find attached attached the empty master page disk based template. More information about creating a template using Master pages can be found in your Sitefinity documentation.

Kind regards,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed