Getting page not found error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:10

Getting page not found error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I just created a page, then I moved it under another parent page called "Books" and I am getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Page not found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Page not found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Page not found]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.handler_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1132
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4543

Thanks,
Annie

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Every time I create a page under parent page "Books" I keep getting page not found for the new page? what is going on?

Thanks,
Annie

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm getting a relatively similar error. A page that used to work now gives a "Page not found" exception. The page has not been moved or modified. When previewing the page from the back office, then it works. Republishing the page or restarting the site did not help.

I'll post back if I find anything interesting.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Annie,

I have answered you in the support ticket.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Victor,

If you could post the solution in the forum as well instead of saying that you have replied to the ticket - it would be more helpful to other people who run into the same problem and come across this post.

I am running into the same issue currently. Using SF 5.3.3900. I moved a page from under a published page to the root and now the old url which should redirect to the new url throws me the Page Not Found exception. The old url is added as an additional url.

Thanks,

-Nidhi

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Nidhi,

The problem you are encountering may be coming from a number of different areas but in most cases it is related to the fact that you have more than 100 pages under one page node. In order to resolve the problem, you need to add a maxPageNodes property to 500 for example in your webconfig, as per the following sample:

<siteMapdefaultProvider="SitefinitySiteMap">
      <providers>
        <addname="SitefinitySiteMap"type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap" pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" maxPageNodes="500"/>
      </providers>
    </siteMap>

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed