Events Custom Field/Custom Interface Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:44

Events Custom Field/Custom Interface Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

I'm trying to use a TextField as part of a 'Custom Interface Widget' for a custom field for the Events Module.  The 'Custom Interface Widget' class inherits from CompositeFieldControl, because of what little I've found on this site relevant to this attempt.  Unfortunately, no matter what I try, I can't get the TextField to bind to it's database field.

The relevant portion of the layout template, which is an EmbeddedResource, follows:

<sf:SitefinityLabel ID="titleLabel" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
<div>
    <sitefinity:TextField ID="someID" runat="server" DataFieldName="some_field" DataItemType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event" DisplayMode="Write" Rows="3" Width="100%" WrapperTag="Div" />
    <div style="text-align: right; margin: 5px 0;"><asp:LinkButton ID="openSelector" runat="server" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfLinkBtn sfChange">
        <strong class="sfLinkBtnIn"><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="openSelectorLabel" Text="Open Window" /></strong>
    </asp:LinkButton></div>
</div>

Bear in mind, the TextField renders and ALL other functions of the 'Custom Interface Widget' work perfectly--no error of any kind is thrown.  The TextField simply is NOT bound.  Have I got the wrong DataItemType?  Any assistance would be appreciated. I've been banging my head against this problem for almost two days.

This thread is closed