Navigation: Custom template path example?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:10

Navigation: Custom template path example?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

I can't seem to find an example anywhere of what this template file should look like. Can anyone point me to a working example?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Cory,

The full widget templates for all sitefinity widgets are available after installing the Sitefinity SDK in zip files in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity [Version]\SDK\Content\Resources

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the help. I've found the example, but the default template is just calling SiteMapNavigationTabStrip, which I can't seem to find in the SDK. Any ideas? All I want to do is over ride the HTML that is output by the nav.

FYI I've followed this:  http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-12-14/how_to_disable_sitefinity_rsquo_s_default_navigation_styling.aspx to strip out the default styling, but all of the markup is still a mess of SiteFinicky code.

Are you attempting to strip out the default styling or the default markup? because as Gabe's blog suggests, you can certainly set EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet and EnableEmbeddedSkins to false in the template for SiteMapNavigationTabStrip.

This will disable the additional Telerik css stylesheets that add skin styling to the control. however, the default markup is that of the RadTabStrip, which does not use a template to render the html, rather it's simply an instance of that control.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if I misunderstood your question or if I can be of further help!

You're right, I was confusing "styling" with "markup". I'm trying to get my own markup, so as to apply some previously working styling to it.

So can I build my own instance of RadTabStrip or modify the existing one to write my own markup?

Thanks again, SelArom.

As far as I know, the Rad Ajax controls can't be easily modifed with a template or anything like that...

However, you could use either the Sitefinity API or the Sitemap as a datasource for a custom control. I've done this in the past when I need precice control over a navigation menu...

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2012 00:00

Would there be a way for me to build a custom control, but still have the designer act like the "Custom selection of pages" option?

This thread is closed