moving upgraded site from one server to another

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:30

moving upgraded site from one server to another

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I need to move the upgraded site from one server to another. I copied the files and restored the database on the new server, but sitefinity is not picking up the pages

Thanks,
Annie

You also updated the connection string in the data.config?

Hi Steve,

Yes I did

Thanks,
Annie

You also recycled the apppool after doing so?  (also DNS has been changed and you can ping the IP and it resolves to the new server?)

If you did, what is it exactly are you experiencing?  Can you elaborate a bit?

are you receiving any error messages? that will be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

If by chance you're receiving this error: Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

make sure that the schema of the database user matches the previous one. Usually this is dbo but sometimes hosts will have this set to something different.

If it's a different error, please provide it here and I'll do my best to help!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2012 00:00

Thanks SelaArom and Steve for you reply. I was not getting any error messages and I also
recycled the application pool but no luck.

When I click on pages section there were no pages, so basically I re-did the migration on the new server.

Thanks,
Annie

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

I have the same issue, I upload my code to server, I changes data.config for DB connection, my whole site is running perfectly without any fail. The only main thing is I am not able to view my design templates which I have created on my local, so basically I can not change or create new design template using admin side on server.

This thread is closed