Running project from sitefinity manager differ from running

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:43

Running project from sitefinity manager differ from running it from VS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2012 00:00

I design a custom wedget which get some data from oracle client engine and shows it in a DetailsView, when I run the project from sitefinity manager >> live site the data not shown but when I edit the sitefinity project in VS .Net 2010 and run the project it works fine and the result appears in the DetailsView.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Ya i am also facing this strange problem.

I just started exploring sitefinity 5.0. Project manager results something(improper one), and visual studio results something(Proper one). now i simply use project manager for creating/importing projects only, not for checking out sitefinity backend/frontend.

I'm also facing issue for sitefinity thunder extension. Everyday i have to change port number of my sitefinity project in sitefinity thunder connection in order to work with thunder. i could change port number for the project loaded in visual studio. surprisingly, sitefinity thunder takes port number which sitefinity project manager manages. And i don't know how can i fix the port number for the project loaded by sitefinity project manager.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Hosam,

We have answered you in the support ticket. If you want you can share our communication with the community once the issue has been resolved.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2012 00:00

Dear Victor Velev
Sure share it, we will continue here

In my code no
checking for specific URL,
simply i have two custom wedgets one gets information from sql server
and the other connected to orcle engine and display result in DetailsView

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Hosam,

Can you share a bit more information about your widgets logic? There should be something that is messing up with the addresses for the content.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed