References are disappeared permanently

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:00

References are disappeared permanently

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2012 00:00

when editing sitefinity project in VS .Net 2010 References are disappeared permanently,
also message of can not load Telerik.Web.Design.dll is appeared and many other dlls also.
what i do right now i copy the missed or not loaded dlls from another project.
Please clarify  that to me.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2012 00:00

although I do not have an explanation as to why this happens, I know that one of the causes is if you use a "Rebuild" instead of a "Build" in visual studio. I use "Build" exclusively and never receive this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

After rebuild stile some references not loaded
1-  'Microsoft.IdentityModel
2-
Telerik.Web.UI
3 -
Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics .*
4-
Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities
5- Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation
.....   and more
can sitefinity people reply to me please

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Hosam,

The project references will disappear if you hit rebuild for the project. Rebuild does a complete recompile of whatever you select and you will most likely get the error: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

However, the build action is incrеmentаl. It will rеcompilе thе bits thаt hаvе chаngеd, and in a multi-project solution will rеbuild оnly projects affectеd by the mоst recent change.

Therefore you will have to add all needed references to your project  again and the errors will disappear.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Victor,

I have added all resources back into the project and yet still the server still just tells me that the server is restarting.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Ian,

Can you elaborate a bit more on your particular situation regarding the message? When did you start to see it? Have you removed all references, cleaned and then added them all back to build the solution?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed