Is it possible to add Text Editor to Summary in Blog Post

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:17

Is it possible to add Text Editor to Summary in Blog Post

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

As per our client requirement, we need to add thumbnail image to summary section. is it possible to add text editor plugin to summary text box?? or we can create a new field to upload thumbnail image?

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Venkatesh,

In Sitefinity 4x/5x you have the option to have a image selector for the content item you want. However I would suggest you to create a new field which will be acting as your thumbnail selector. In our documentation we have prepared few options for you:

1. Image selector:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-create-a-simple-image-selector

2. ThumbnailSelector for news module:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-create-a-thumbnail-selector-for-news

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2013 00:00

Is this solution applicable for version 6.1?  I would like to add an image to the Summary. What is the best way to do this?  

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Cam,

Yes, the solution my colleague Victor suggested in the thread below is applicable. Additionally, you can download a sample from this blog post. In order to extend the sample to the news widget you need to change the type of widget used for your field from the definition. The UI for creating a custom field doesn't let you do that, but you can go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> News -> Controls -> NewsBackend -> Views -> NewsBackend Edit -> Sections -> CustomFieldsSection -> Fields ->[Name of your field].

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed