can't log in in the cms site

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:57

can't log in in the cms site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Earlier on the week, I was working on the cms site and it was working fine. 

The next day, without any change, I get this error when trying to login. 

Value cannot be null.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.ClaimsManager.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +158
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +1164
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Any recombination of how to handle this ?  Btw, if I hit the actually site it works fine. Just when when I try to access the sitefinity page, I'll get this error. We are hosting the cms site on windows machine with IIS6. 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue and provide you with a solution I need to ask you a few questions. First of all did you make any changes before the error appears? Did you add something to it? Also did you use claims-based authentication of you use forms authentication?

Additionally, if you try to access the backend page like the URL bellow you will receive an error :

http://www.mysite.com/sitefinity

The error you are getting is a known issue, which is reproduced only on IIS6, but not on IIS7+.

However, it goes away when you add a slash to it:

http://www.mysite.com/sitefinity/

We have logged the issue in PITS, for which you can vote. You can also track its status. A workaround was proposed in the forum thread regarding the issue:

www.sitefinity.com/.../sf-5-0-iis6-issues.aspx

If you want to use IIS7 you have to switch to claim-based authentication. Here you can find additional information about switching to this authentication.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed