Use different version of Open Access than the version Sitefi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:59

Use different version of Open Access than the version Sitefinity uses?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,
We are building custom Sitefinity modules / widgets that make use of Open Access . After running into some bugs with the current version of Open Access (the version that comes with Sitefinity 4.4 (OA version: 2011.2.713.3)) , i've found out that these problems are fixed in the current version of OA.
Now we cannot upgrade the Sitefinity version at this moment, but is there perhaps a way to start using the latest version of Open Access (2012.1.329.1)?
Kind regards, Tys

I believe the plan was to get SF up to the latest OA & Radcontrols come this service pack, which should be this week or next (I hope anyway...don't know for sure)

That's nice, but that is not what my question is about.
I'm NOT running the latest version of Sitefinity, i'm running 4.4! And i was hoping to use the latest version of OpenAccess with that 4.4 version of Sitefinity. Hopefully someone can say something helpful about that setup?

Well then the answer is no, you cannot do that.  You're stuck to the version it's enhanced with...and if you do manage to get it to work with assembly binding or something, it wouldn't be supported.

My post was saying if you were to upgrade to 5.0 SP1 when it is released, you should be covered.  It's a simple upgrade to 5.0\SP1...there's no reason to stay at 4.4...no major breaking changes which should affect anything.

Okay, thanks! That's a clear answer. I was hoping for something different but i already got the feeling that it's not possible.
I'm a bit afraid of upgrading. In the past we always ran into some problems, mostly because of the use of OpenAccess in our custom projects.
I'll wait for this new SP1 version, do some checks, and try to get upgraded ASAP :)
Kind regards, Tys

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

I just downloaded and installed the new 5 SP1 version, but it seems that the OpenAccess version within this Sitefinity still is a different than the latest OpenAccess version.
Open Access = 2012.1.301.2 
Sitefinity version Open Access = 2011.3.1320.1

Can anyone say something about when Sitefinity will be on the same version as OpenAccess?
Or will this never be the case? This difference keeps us from using the latest OA possibilities (bug fixes ;)) in our Sitefinity custom components.

Kind regards, Tys

This thread is closed