Access backend widget functionality in the frontend - i.e. C

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:48

Access backend widget functionality in the frontend - i.e. Content Authors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Sitefinity so please accept my apologies with regards to my lack of knowledge on this subject.

I want to create what we call 'good news stories' which is basically just a news item but I don't want my users to be able to access the backend to create news items, I want them to be able to create news items in the frontend dicated by their credentials.

What is the best way to go about allowing a user to create a news item in the frontend. Is this a scenario for creating my own custom module/widget for this or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

The Sitefinity API is perfect for this, you can do it both using the Content Managers or the Fluent API. Examples for both are in the Sitefinity Documentation

Creating News Items: http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/modules/news

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. I just wasn't sure whether or not there was anything baked into Sitefinity to be able to do this through configuration.

This thread is closed