CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:14

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi All,
I have uploaded my application with the database but when I browse the website I got the error which is given below and I am struggle with this error from last 3 days so please some one help me out 

CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SQLException: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.StatementImp.executeUpdate(String sql) +420
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.StatementImp.execute(String sql) +9
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.ExecuteSqlScript(String script, Connection con, SqlDriver sqlDriver, Boolean noShredder) +459

[OpenAccessException: SQL exception on 'CREATE DATABASE TFPDB' : CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.ExceptionWrapper.Throw() +13
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.throwBuildException(String str, Exception e) +38
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.ExecuteSqlScript(String script, Connection con, SqlDriver sqlDriver, Boolean noShredder) +639
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DatabaseCreationTask.createDatabase() +1897

Thanks & Regards
Rakesh Parmar

Rakesh,
The way I do it is this way. Who is the administrator of the database, or of the SQL Server? It sounds like a permissions issue. What I do is this. I create an administrator on the domain, if you don't have a domain then on the machine that the database is on. Then make sure that administrator or Power User (if you know what you are doing with Users and Roles) is then used by the WebApplication to access the database. I usually go to the WebSite in IIS7 and under the application pools, I find the correct application pool that is for my WebApplication and in the Advanced Settings I make sure to provide the account that has all the neccessary rights. Now this might not be the best way security-wise, but it works in my case where the systems are closed from the outside world.
Hope this helps,
Andrei

Hello,

The problem comes from the fact that the system cannot find appropriate SQL login user for the database. For example if you have a specific user that is managing the database, make sure that the same user has been added to the database ( also having proper permissions as well ).

Also please verify that the application pool identity is the same as the user managing your database and should have owner permissions over the database.

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hey,,,
Just Contact to your Database Admin and tell them that you want the All rights for this database
Create ,Alter And Drop...Etc...
Once he gives the rights this error will be discarded and not occur again.
thanks..

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2014 00:00

that was useful, it's working now with me,

thanks

This thread is closed