Sitefinity 5 Documentation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:44

Sitefinity 5 Documentation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

This is a simple question, is there or will there be a documentation of Sitefinity 5 that is more detailed similar to Sitefinity 3.x documentation?

Sitefinity 3.x
http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/introduction.html 

Sitefinity 5
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

So I guess the answer is no...?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Good question! Did you ever find out an answer?

Tearing my hair out trying to find simple API method references and similar information. Closest I ever get is Google telling me the pages, er, used to exist.

And I've looked everywhere.. Google's cache of the docs is non-existent (cache: returns variously 404/500), a quick search for the methods I want (or, even the word "method") returns nothing beyond examples and blogs, the SDK tells me every piece of documentation I could need is stored locally *except* for the Developer's Guide and API reference and beyond that I really begin to wonder why my time is being spent trying to extract markup from somewhere on  the web in various unorthodox ways. Not that I'm complaining those blogs and howtos exists, but the SF reference (even SF4) was superb. One of the reasons SF was so impressive.

Seriously?!... Are we to wait until 5.1 or beyond for an up to date reference? Or have we missed something?

Is there at least a chance Telerik could put the old documentation back up so it can be referenced, even if some thought is required between eyes and keyboard? Please?

I thought the API reference was in the 5.0 SDK?

For me, it was:  SDK>Content>Documents>Chm

There is an install bat file I ran to set up the api documentation in Visual Studio's help library.

@MB

Thank you for suggesting that and it's just something that we've been looking for since starting Sitefinity 5. 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2012 00:00

Question is: Why is this not online?

Telerik need to really rethink their priorities when it comes to documentation.

This thread is closed