How Modular is Sitefinity 5.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:04

How Modular is Sitefinity 5.0?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

Hello, we are currently evaluating Sitefinity 5.0 and a question has come up about how modular this version of Sitefinity is. Is it now possible to disable several of the modules that we have no use for? If so, once disabled can we remove the related web services?

For example, we have no use for the following modules: Forums, Ecommerce, Events and Blogs.

Thanks,

Steven

This is a must have for a bunch of people...In a month or so you'll be able to (5.1 release) :)

Hello,

Steve is correct; this feature is coming in Sitefinity 5.1 (just around the corner).

The feature will allow you to choose which features to install during the installation, as well as the backend screen for installing/uninstalling/registering/unregistering of all the modules and services.

The uninstall will be a full uninstall, meaning that nothing will be left over behind it.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The logical extension to that would be... allow module selection at purchase time, and price accordingly. Allowing the removal of modules is nice, but even nicer would be not paying for something you don't have a use for. Purchase them as add-ons if/when you have the need.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

I see your point, however this decision is handled by the Sitefinity business team and it is not something I can comment on.

You can, however, share your feedback with the business team on this page:
http://www.sitefinity.com/purchase/contact-us.aspx 

I am sorry that I was not able to be of more help on this issue. 

Greetings,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed