Duplicating News Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:02

Duplicating News Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hi, 

I was wondering if you could tell me if it is possible to inherit the 'news' user control from Sitefinity in order to embed the functionality in a custom control. I have been attempting to inherit the 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News;' namespace but have been finding that this doesn't allow the control to be dropped into a custom .ascx page. 

I have attempted a similar idea to this using the 'search' module and have been able to do this without any problems by inheriting the 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public' namespace into my custom control. Could you tell me if I can use a similar method to import the news module into a custom control please?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Robert,

Are you attempting to inherit your own newsview control, or place an instance of the newsview inside a custom usercontrol?

Either way, I believe the namespace you're looking for is Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI. This contains the NewsView control that is used for the widget on the frontend.

I hope this is helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

Yeah I'm trying to place an instance of the newsview inside a custom usercontrol. Basically we're tying to duplicate the NewsView control in our own custom control and then alter it slightly so we have a seperate control from the NewsView control with slightly different functionality. If that makes sense..

I've tried the Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI namespace but VisualStudio doesn't recognise the namespace each time I try to use it. I've registered it in the front end and included it in the list of namespaces in the backend as well. I've done similar things with other controls and not had any problems using their namespaces.

Thanks for your help!

This thread is closed