how can i update a contentlink?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:44

how can i update a contentlink?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hello.  i am trying to change an existing contentlink which links an image to a partner object, partner being a CustomModule, similar to product. using SiteFinity 5.

when we create the partner we choose an image with an image selector and it creates a contentlink between the partner and the image. that works.

as the partner is about to publish i intercept it at Decorator.ExecuteOnPublish().  here i create a copy of the selected image and put it into a new image library.  that also seems to work (although the filepath doesnt change).

after the new image is created i try to setup/replace the existing contentlink to point to the new image with the following code:

ContentLinksManager cman = ContentLinksManager.GetManager();
Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.ContentLinks.ContentLink cl = cman.GetContentLink(newPartner.Id, typeof(PartnerItem).FullName, "Logo");
if (cl != null)
      Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image img = FindImage(cl.ChildItemId);
      if (img != null)

//create copy of the logo
         Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image newImage = CopySitefinityImageToLibrary(newAlbum, newPartner.Title + "_Logo", img);

if (newImage != null)
    if (newImage.Id != Guid.Empty)

cman.Delete(cl);
     cman.SaveChanges();

Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.ContentLinks.ContentLink newCL cman.CreateContentLink("Logo", newPartner, newImage);

cman.SaveChanges();

the problem is that the new contentlink doesnt seem to work (but is in the DB).  if i go back into the partner the image does not appear in the selector anymore and when i update the partner and get its contentlink, it is now NULL.

what else is needed to setup a contentlink properly? i am updating the MASTER partner item which i think is correct.  as usual there is no documentation covering this so any help is appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

just fyi, i think what i had above is correct.  

the problem is with the newly copied image.  the content link changes work if i use an image i uploaded through sitefinity.

This thread is closed