Questions about the search

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:00

Questions about the search

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

I have 2 needs that for some reason I can't find options for.
User types in a search item, and clicks search
User gets back a list of pages
User clicks on link from list of pages to take them to the page with the found search item
When displaying this result page, the text searched for is not displayed.
Can we have the actual page display highlighted words? or am I looking at putting something in custom?

Additionally, we have a tabbed box that makes some sub pages available. The problem is that it appears the search does not search the additional tabs.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

Hello,

To each search result a css class is added sfHighlight which you can style with the theme for the page or by placing Css widget on the page with search results with the following

.sfHighlight

backgroundcolor:blue !important;

For the tabbed box: make sure the search index searches in static html (the checkbox "static html" in the search index creation dialog). If the tabbed box renders the content that should be searched as html it will be searched the next time you publish the page. Page publishing causes page contents to be pushed in the search index.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed