I can't see whole structure project in Visual Studio

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:45

I can't see whole structure project in Visual Studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

Hello.

First at all I am sorry for asking something easy. But I don't know what's going on.
I am developing a site, and I am going to need working with Visual Studio and add new items. But the examples I have seen do not help me.

I open my project with Visual Studio 2010, but what I get is different of what I see.

I attach a image of wht I get.
I can't see the files of myproject, I mean, I don't see pictures, themes, masters, etc.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

I want to add new items, modify the css, etc.

I want to see something like:
http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/web-site-structure-overview.html

Hi Carlos,
The screenshot you're referencing, the one on sitefinity.com, is a 3.7 or lower project. The new structure is slightly different.

You should be able to add all the folders you do not see. For masters, add App_Masters. For themes, right click on your project and choose Add > ASP.NET Folder > App_Themes. Then you can add a theme to the App_Themes folder (Add > Asp.net folder > Theme), and wire it up through Settings > Advanced > Appearance in the sitefinity UI. Any CSS files that you add to the theme directory will be included on the template that uses that theme.

Hope that helps

thanks for the answer.
I am going to try adding files as css, etc.

Best regards

This thread is closed