Pager Control in Single Item Template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:31

Pager Control in Single Item Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to create a template for single news items and I want it to have Previous/Next links.  Can the sitefinity Pager control be used for this purpose?  If so how, because I haven't been able to configure it.

Thanks,
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2012 00:00

Hi Richard,

Actually when setting the widget in Details mode you don't have access to the other News items, that's why the pager or prev/next functionality won't work - you'll need to implement a custom data source (List) of News items that you can get with the API, and then you'll need to create a custom control to display the items from that list.
 As this is not a trivial implementation, I'd rather suggest you to run the widget in Master mode, as this will allow you to use the pager and prev/next functionality, and you can set it to display one item per page which will mimic the behavior of a widget set in Details mode. I hope this suggestion suits your needs.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2012 00:00

Thanks for the reply.  How do you set the widget to run in master mode?  As a quick workaround we have created an adjacency table with prev/next links for easy access and a custom template for single news items that queries this table, but ideally I'd like to use default functionality of Sitefinity.  And is the pager control customizable in the sense of using my own prev/next links or buttons?

This thread is closed