Sitefinity 5 ModuleBuilder Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:08

Sitefinity 5 ModuleBuilder Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

Is there any way to add banners for pages from the Admin site of SF5?
Now I have hardcoded the url for the banners in my usercontrol code.
For each page, the banner image is different. If there is any change in the image,
it is required that the code needs to be changed and everthing should be deployed again in azure where my site is running. 

I came across Module Builder. I gave the title, dewscription, image and url and saved the module.
When I tried to activate it, it is showiung an error. 
There has been an error activating module!.
Can anyone please help me.

I received the same error when activating my latest module. I reloaded the page however and found that the module had successfully been activated, despite the error.

As for displaying banners, this widget may help acheive what you want - Image Rotator Widget

Cheers,
Nick

Hi,
I refreshed the page. Still there is issue. It is still showing the message
"There has been an error activating module! ".

How can we see the created module? When I clicked the link "All modules" it wasn't showing any. 

I went back to the Dashboard page and then the custom module appeared in the Content drop-down menu. Has it appeared there for you? 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2012 00:00

Hi, 
The issue was I hadn't checked out ContentViewConfig.config file. 
When I checked out, I could create the module.

Can you please tell what else needs to be done so that the admin can add banners without doing anything in the code. Banners are page specific. Can this be achieved by module builder?

So far I added  3 images to the module I created , say banner module. Then selected a page from Pages menu and dragged that widget from the Content menu.
What should be done if I need to display only the first and the third image in that page?
I actually need to upload .swf files.

Please help.

Thanks.

This thread is closed