How to fetch module field values

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:49

How to fetch module field values

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,
A module is created using module builder. There are 2 fields in it, say page name and url.
Currently, I am querying the table corresponding to that module in the database to fetch the field values. Is there any way to fetch these values without querying the database.

Thanks,
Surya.

If you go into the place where you created your module, there should be a Code Samples area which should give you the exact code for a bunch of scenarios.  It's very cool because it's generated based on the module definition, not just a generic sample...so you can just copy\paste the code and it'll work (awesomesauce)

I've found this Module Builder webinar and the solution that is below the webinar to be invaluable:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/12-01-12/building_real-world_modules_with_sitefinity_rsquo_s_new_module_builder.aspx 

It goes through fetching tags, categories, text fields, choice lists, images, ect.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2013 00:00

I m not able to access that
 www.sitefinity.com/.../building_real-world_modules_with_sitefinity_rsquo_s_new_module_builder.aspx 
because of some security issues. Can you help me ? My question is the same as that of Surya CD. How to fetch all the field values without querying the database?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

Each module created with Sitefinity Module Builder has a code reference. There, you can find working C# or VB.NET samples of creating/deleting/querying items for your module.
Please try to access the video tutorial from Telerik.tv  or download it from this link.

If you keep having problems accessing any of the links above let us know to assist you further.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed