Preview Button going to a different domain?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:56

Preview Button going to a different domain?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello all,

First I am not the most experienced ASP and .NET developer. Actually I am a complete noob. So sorry if this is a dumb question.

We have moved the server from dev to testing. I believe the person who setup the new instance is not a server admin.

Ever since we've moved the server there are a handful of little things:

- Preview Button - when this is clicked, it tries to load the /action/preview page on a different domain. We are using sfamegytest.xxx.xxx.com and when you hit preview it tries loading ton amegyabtesting.xxx.xxx.com. Is there a setting somewhere in either the IIS or Sitefinity that controls this?

- When I initial load a page to work on, the edit and more buttons that are on content blocks do not show up. It usually requires a refresh.

- When working on a content block and I add an image, the image doesn't show up in the Design view, but its there in the HTML view. I have to close it and re-open it see the image.

Any idea what is at the root of all this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

-Tyler

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Tyler,

I recently came across a similar problem with URLs pointing to our old domain after a migration. To resolve, I searched the config files (/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration) for ocurrences of the old domain name and then updated accordingly.

Hopefully that will resolve your domain/url issue.

Also, with regard to missing icons/images - I'd suggest using Chrome's in-browser Developer Tools (right-click & select "inspect element"; Alt-Cmd-I on Mac; Crtl-Shift-I on Windows) and see what happens under the Network tab. You might be able to pinpoint the problem by looking at the responses from the server for the missing elements. Also, check for javascript errors (they show up with a red icon in the bottom right corner of the developer tool window).

Nick

This thread is closed