All new tags get inserted into the "Tags" classifi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:13

All new tags get inserted into the "Tags" classification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2012 00:00

I created a new flat classification for a module I made using the module builder. There is a tags classification in the module but all new tags created from that content gets added to the default "Tags" classification and not the one I created. Looking at the module, I'm guessing in order to specify a different flat classification for the tags to get saved to I have to choose "Custom" from the dropdown and create a user control.

Is this correct? What file do I need to look at in the SDK?

If this is not the right way to accomplish this, then what is? I want it to work the same as the blog posts.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2012 00:00

I found the control in the SDK (Fields/FlatTaxonField.ascx in WidgetTemplates.zip). I copied the file to my project but when I specify it as a custom interface widget in the module nothing changes.

Could really use some help on this one.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

Ok, I was way off. It's much more complicated but this article demonstrates how to do it.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/11-09-09/extend_the_image_selector_for_content_items_with_filtering_by_album.aspx

I can't believe this isn't a feature in the module builder out of the box. Being able to select a custom classification from the module builder would make this tool so much more powerful.

How about adding this to a future release?

This thread is closed