Custom Classification - implement to a forum/blog

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:14

Custom Classification - implement to a forum/blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2012 00:00

***UPDATE***
I figured out how to add a custom field to a blog but i cannot figure out how to add a custom field to the SiteFinity's Forum Module.  Is there a way?  I can see that I can probably add a link on the sidebar but it doesnt click to anywhere.  Am I doing something wrong?  

-----

I am using SiteFinity 5 and I want to use the already built Forum / Blog module that comes with SiteFinity.  

You can attach a category and tag to a Blog post and when creating a thread you cant do either.

My goal is to add a CUSTOM HierarchicalTaxonomy, to a blog > post and forum > thread.  I can add the fields by going

SiteFinity > Administration > Settings > Advanced > Blog > PostsBackEnd > PostsBackendEditPost / PostsBackendInsertPost > Sections > TaxonSection > Fields > CREATE NEW > HierarchicalTaxonFieldDefinitionElement 

and mimicking most of what category does, but for my custom classification. For the most part, it seems to be working but not completely.  

The custom classification displays on the backend form, but it doesn't display things properly.

1) I can't get it to display a custom label to display what the custom classification is
2) When i hit save, it believe it saves the information -- but when i revisit the form, it's not there and if i hit "done" it will display it ONLY for the second time, revisiting the third time wont display it at all.

I never gotten far as to integrating it to FORUM THREADS but can anyone help guide me?  I don't see any previous posts that can help me...

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

Can anyone help me?  I just need to customize the existing SiteFinity Forum to allow custom fields. 

This thread is closed