Set pre-defined items in the choice field of the module buil

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:05

Set pre-defined items in the choice field of the module builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2012 00:00

I'm creating several modules and many of them have the same Choices field. Items will get added to this field over time and I'd prefer not to have to edit each module one at a time to add the item to the field.

Is there a way to hard code or set the choices programmatically from a single source?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us.

Currently there is no way to edit the choices field except recreating the module. However I can offer you simple and efficient workaround. You can create a custom classification similar to tags and use it instead of the choices field. To do so create the classification and then edit your module, add classification field and from the "Type" dropdown select your classification. You can add and delete as many items in the taxonomy as you want and there won't be any need for recreating the module.

Feel free contacting us if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed