End user input form for Content Type created by Module Build

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:48

End user input form for Content Type created by Module Builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi

As you can tell by high level question I am new to Sitefinity so forgive my termoinology if incorrect!

I have created a content type using the module builder and would now like to create a user control - assuming this is the best way to do so - for the end user to input data into the content type.

I see that for back end users this is provided OOB by Sitefinity, so I am looking to reference the field validation etc for my user control, as opposed to writing a user control and hardcoding validation in C# and then referencing the DynamicModuleManager to insert a record into the customer content type.

I have viewed numerous blogs and videos and I can potentially see from them that there is a way to do this by implementing a Field Control using Sitefinity Thunder 1.1.1.0 but havent quite grasped an full understanding of the code? I have also taken a look at the DynamicModulesConfig.config file and this looks useful too, but again not sure.

Could someone please clarify for me the best route to follow to reference the SItefinity validation of these fields within my user control?

Many Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Ian,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, I am glad to help you.

Unfortunately we currently do not support frontend editing and inserting on dynamic items. These operations and the validation logic should be implemented by custom logic. Instead of hardcoding validation in C# code I can suggest you to add validation controls in the ascx file. Here is a blog post describing how to create User Controls and add validation. The DynamicModulesConfig.config is designed to be used in the backend and if you make any changes they will reflect only the backend form. Please keep in mind that every change to the DynamicModulesConfig.config file will be overwritten when a dynamic content type is updated.

Once you have created your user control you can use Thunder for registering it following these steps.

I hope this information will help you. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any questions or issues.

Kind regards,
Georgi Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2012 00:00

Thanks for your reply and help.
I will definatley take a look a the links you have sent.
The main point for me is I know the limits of what Sitefinity currently can do so I can program around this.
Regards

This thread is closed