search returning no records

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:56

search returning no records

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,
Search option is working in local server. But in live, whatever word is given for search, it returns
0 search results. can anyone please help.

Thanks.

Surya CD,

First, I'd double check that the search index was defined correctly and, if it is, reindex it.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

We are getting unexpected results.  I have at least 5 pages with the word 'asset' in the content, but only 3 are listed.  When defining the Search Index, what do they mean by 'default page that this type is published on'?

Default page where like all your "News" is listed, so when it returns the search result, there's a link to take the user over to it.

I find the problem is since it's Lucene you need wildcards and other things to improve the search results...I wish it worked more like google...there's a PITS somwhere

In 4.4, is there a way to exclude pages from the site search?  I have determined that several of the pages that access Session variables are causing exception during the indexing.  I read that you could determine if there were problems by starting your site in debug and then build indexes. If there are exceptions, then that portion of the index won't build.  So... can I exclude the pages that have exceptions?

You can put this code into your offending custom controls and it'll hide them from the indexer

this.Visible = this.GetIndexRenderMode() == Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.IndexRenderModes.Normal;
(this being the control...but you get the idea)

This thread is closed