Sitefinity 4/5 url parameters.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:13

Sitefinity 4/5 url parameters.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

In the past week I ran into a few scenarios where it seems that there is some logic in Sitefinity that corresponds to certain url parameters. I was just wondering if there is a complete list of all such url parameter so that I can either take advantage of them or use different url parameters so as not to conflict.

Initially I was creating some code that would modify the HTTP Response header for image requests with a given url parameter so that the image would be downloaded rather than displayed. Can you guess what I picked for the url parameter? It was "download=true". Lo and behold, apparently Sitefinity thought that was a good idea and beat me to the punch. If you put "download=true" on the end of an image (or even a pdf) then it will be served up as a download. That would have been good to know about 2 hours earlier.

So, is there a list somewhere of all "reserved" url parameters?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

I also have a news list that I added a year filter to that has a list of 4 digit years and an "All" option. The parameter I am using is "year=". If "year=#" where # is some 4 digit number that is greater than or equal to 1753 then the widget will render. If it is a number less than that or alphanumeric, then the widget will not render. I have a breakpoint in the page load method in the code-behind of the widget template that is never hit in these situations.

All you have to do to reproduce this issue is to drop a News list on a page and set the url evaluation mode to QueryString. Apparently this is a built in feature but I hit the googles and couldn't find it.

This thread is closed