Registration widget problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:55

Registration widget problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi

I have set up a page to register new users, the registration process functions mostly correctly but i have two issues with it;
1) the widget is set to send the new user an email with a link for them to comfirm the registration, this works and the email is indeed sent, but the user is added to the user list in the sitefinity back end and the user_profile database table before they have confirmed their registration. I can find no way to distiguish between confirmed and unconfirmed users. Is there a way?
(unconfirmed useres can't log-in so the process is working, but i need to know the statuts of users)
2) The newly registered users appear in the user list and user_profiles database table, but while the first name and last name is listed in the users list under administration - users, they are found to be null in the users_profile database. Are the first and last names stored elswhere? I would like to be able to take the names from the database with a simple sql query rather than using the userManager.

Minor problems really (i spent hours fighting with the registration widget in beta in V4.4 so i very pleased with this widget in V5)

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Dan.

1) Are these users that are signing up for your site,  being stored in the same place as Administration > Users ?  I was able to add a custom field that is a checkbox to the add user backend with no difficulty.  To do this, on the user screen I clicked on Manage Profile Types > Basic Profile.  It was relatively easy and the answer persisted with no issues.  Forgive me if I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

2)  I found the first name and last name on the sf_users table in my sitefinity database. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Brett
Thanks for your help. In The sf_users dbo the first and last name entries are null, even if i create a user in the backend, but i have found the names in another table (sf_sitefinity_profile) so that will do. I have also been able to add custom fields to the registration form using the 'Manage user profiles' as you suggested.

Thanks again

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Dan,

To get the FirstName and LastName you need a manager because those properties are mapped in a profile,

UserProfileManager profileManager = UserProfileManager.GetManager();
UserManager userManager = UserManager.GetManager();

var user = userManager.GetUser(UserId);

if (user != null)
    SitefinityProfile profile = profileManager.GetUserProfile<SitefinityProfile>(user);
    string firstName = profile.FirstName;

hope this help you, regards.

This thread is closed