Need to add a button inside Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:59

Need to add a button inside Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

I need to add a button that links to a custom administration panel beside the logout button or someplace like that.

How i can do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,
it's inside Sitefinity header on template. You can see it at Administration > Backend Pages > Manage Also Templates (on right).

You have to replace header by one of yours.

Original Header.ascx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization"%>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<div class="sfTopBar">

<sf:SitefinityHyperLink ID="goToSiteButton" runat="server" NavigateUrl="~/" Text='<%$Resources:Labels, GoToTheSite %>' Target="_blank" CssClass="sfInlineBlock sfLiveSite" Tooltip="<%$Resources:Labels, GoToTheSiteTitle %>"></sf:SitefinityHyperLink>
    <sf:SitefinityHyperLink ID="goToHelpButton" runat="server" NavigateUrl="~/Sitefinity/Administration/HelpAndResources" Text='<%$Resources:PageResources, HelpAndResources %>' CssClass="sfMoreDetails sfHelpLnk" />
    <div class="sfInlineBlock sfLoggedUser">
        <p class="sfUserName">
            <asp:Label ID="UserName" runat="server" />
        </p>
        <ul class="sfUserInfo">
            <li class="sfFirst">
                <sf:SitefinityHyperLink ID="profileLink" ToolTip="Change your profile" Text="<%$ Resources:PageResources, Profile %>"
                    runat="server" NavigateUrl="javascript:alert('<%$Labels,InProcessOfImplementationNoHtml%>');" /></li>
            <li>
                <sf:SitefinityHyperLink ID="logoutButton" NavigateUrl="~/Sitefinity/Login/DoLogout" ToolTip="<%$Resources:Labels, Logout %>"
                    Text='<%$Resources:Labels, Logout %>' runat="server" /></li>
        </ul>
    </div>
</div>

Regards,
Nicolas

How i can modified the .aspx of the template?

You can't but when you enter into the template, you can put your own widget to replace the existing header.

Can i grab the original widget with thunder? Thanks for the quick answer.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi,
I don't user thunder so I can't say. Maybe an admin can answer.

Regards,
Nicolas

This thread is closed