Intra-site Module Update properties/fields

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:33

Intra-site Module Update properties/fields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

I am following along the Testimonial Intra-Site Module and the initial creation of the table works great.  However, when I want to add/update the module with another field, it doesn't automatically update the table.  The module's mapping is fine, but it would say "Column is not Found" because it's missing from the table.  I can manually add that in there, but I figured that this would automatically update this.  

The jobs module you update the assemblyinfo.cs but what about intra-site modules?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Simon,

You're essentially asking for automatic upgrades in intra-site modules. Unfortunately, the way modules are upgraded is by comparing assembly versions. Since intra-site modules don't have their own assemblies, this functionality is not supported there. You'll have to manually execute the needed changes in the model when you change your module files.

For more information about upgrades in regular custom modules, you can read this blog post: http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/12-06-28/versioning_and_upgrades_in_custom_modules.aspx 

As a workaround, you can implement custom code in the application's global.asax file which checks the state of the database when the application is started and compares is to the required one in your custom module. However, we have not tested such scenarios and recommend you implement a module in its own assembly.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed