thunder connection initialization failed

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:22

thunder connection initialization failed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2012 00:00

I have a sitefinity project on my network on another server and I am able to get a successful connection but it keeps saying the Connection initializing "Project Name" failed. I checked the server settings and everything seems to be fine. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction for this because Thunder is great and all but if I can't connect its kinda useless.

This can happen if the thunder version in Visual Studio differs from the one deployed on the server.
In the Sitefinity Thunder Explorer connection dialog there is a button labeled "Download" that will create a zip of the Thunder dll currently being used that needs to be on the server. Upload it to your website so they match and let me know if you still get the error.
Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the response. When I click download nothing happens. What directory does it download the zip file to?

it should prompt you to set a location; be sure you've selected the connection on the left before clicking download.

if you are already doing that, i'm not sure what might be the problem, and I would suggest perhaps reinstalling thunder from the visual studio gallery (or extensions manager) and trying again

hope this helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

I am on the latest version 1.1.4.0 and have the same issue with every project even with a SF 5.1 project. Frustrating

seeing the same issue - brand new 5.1 (3210) install, just updated Thunder (1.1.4.0)... test connection works, but won't initialise... download button does nothing... :/

Hey Michael,

I found that Sitefinity Explorer was not functioning although connection initialized but after manually copying a ThunderConfig.config to the /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder it worked like a charm.

ThunderConfig.config:

1.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
2.<thunderConfig />

P.S.
I've placed two .zip files on dropbox to help you out with the non responding 'download button'. Just toss the right version to your projects root folder and extract. Recycle and life should be like a regular wednesday instead of monday again.

Thunder 1.1.4 for 5.1 build 3200 (Release)
Thunder 1.1.4 for 5.1 build 3210 (Hotfix)

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

We have found an issue with Sitefinity Thunder when your "Migration tool" module is disabled from Administration -> Modules. To get Thunder to work again, you can re-enable the Migration module.

We are sorry for the caused inconvenience. This issue will be fixed with the next release.

Regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

I have been trying to get thunder to work for a very very long time without success.

www.marktold.com/.../sf_thunder_jochem.swf

SF 5.1
Thunder 1.1.5.0

tried the xml ThunderConfig.config stuff from Jochem

www.marktold.com/.../sf_thunder_jochem.swf

Nothing works. :-( Very vera frustrating. Don't know if its a server thing that prevents me. I keep getting the message attached.

When clicking solution in solution explorer i can upload and register a widget. Unfortunately the wideget is not on server :-(  www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_thunder_registered.swf 

But the Sections are shown. So somehow there seems to be a connection. 

Sure would love to start using thunder.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Yep I am the same as you. Excited about Sitefinity Thunder and the potential time saves and every time there is a new release I test it out (SF 5.1 and Thunder 1.1.5.0) and it never lets me use it. I can use the new item templates and register widgets but as far as editing and accessing templates, which is what I would love to use it for it always gives me an initialisation failed error and every site I try to use it with.

It connects to the web successfully but that's all it does, can't initialise. 

Looks promising though :-(

Seth

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

As someone brand new to Sitefinity and trying to work out our project's deployment processes, this is extremely frustrating.  I just can't figure out what I'm doing differently or wrong compared to everyone else.   Is this actually working for anyone?

I am using VS2012, and the error I get at the bottom is not a connection failed error, but a "Command not supported" error.  Though I don't see anything in the logs, and the test connection works fine.  I've added Thunder to the project then pushed the project, created the dummy config file, and nothing is working.

What can I do to help debug this issue?

This thread is closed