Modulebuilder categories YSOD on details not just by 'de

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:14

Modulebuilder categories YSOD on details not just by 'delete' but also 'permissions'

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2012 00:00

Hey,

A few days ago I was talking with Steve about the ModuleBuilder and deleting a taxonomoy (which a module record is referenced) is causing a YSOD when you delete that taxonomy/category, but I can't find the bug he posted. (Pits #11748).

Just to ammend  to this PITS issue, when viewing permissions change for the categories, it also results in YSOD. (so not just a cascading delete fix)

Jochem 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce the problem with categories permissions. Would it be possible for you to give us a list of steps that leads to this error?

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2012 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am able to reproduce the problem with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" after I delete a taxonomy which is used by module items, created by Module Builder. But unfortunately, I am to able to reproduce the problem with viewing permissions change for the categories. The problem that Jochem has mentioned. So can you please give us some additional information.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

Hold your horses...

Did a very crude example (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19007909/sitefinity/sfv52860-classificationpermission.mp4)

On the left, you see a non-logged in user, on the right you see the admin user on the public website. By quickly (as a demo) setting taxonomies view permissions to 'administrators' the left screen goes YSOD while the right screen still shows everything.

Expected behavior would be the custom module would still show all my regular data except for the categories because I'm not allowed to see those...

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you very much for the video you have sent us! It was very useful to determinate the issue. I have updated the bug information. Hopefully the problem will be fixed with some of our upcoming releases.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Hey Stefani,

You're the best! Thanks!

J.

This thread is closed