Unknown server tag 'sfSearch:SearchBox

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:08

Unknown server tag 'sfSearch:SearchBox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi, had a project in 4.4. Upgraded it in 5.1 latest build and now a page won't render because of the following error.
Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'sfSearch:SearchBox'.

Source Error:

Line 3:  <%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>
Line 4:  
Line 5: <sfSearch:SearchBox ID="topSearchBox" runat="server" />Line 6:  
Line 7:  <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="resultsStats" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" CssClass="sfsearchResultStatistics" Text="<%$Resources:SearchResources, SearchResultsStatusMessage %>" />

Source File: /SfCtrlPresentation/OpenAccessDataProvider,a0e28f5cf16e4d68a7b5354be1cdf0fe.ascx Line: 5

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2012 00:00

Look under the Design -> Widget Templates.

You may have a old customized search results template that is causing this. The new 5.1 version uses a separate Assembly file Telerik.Sitefinity.Search.Impl for search.

Backup your current search template. Then look up for the line below and replace with the new one.

New:
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Search.Impl" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>
Old: 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2012 00:00

Hey all,

Seems like the search results control on the page that is display this error, needs to have the search results control removed, then readded. I am not sure if this is a bug, as removing the 'old' control from the preupgrade, and then readdeding the search results in the post upgrade resolved the error. No editing of the control properties or changes were done afaik.

Hope this helps

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2012 00:00

Also getting this error but upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1
But I can't access the site to add remove, just trying to rebuild my site and get the error.
Do I have to manually change a config file somewhere to make the update??

Edit: Searched my project for the string and found all the outdated assembly references. All changes and all working now. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2015 00:00

Edit: wrong thread, sorry.

This thread is closed