Getting the linked child nested module items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:21

Getting the linked child nested module items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

If I have an instance of my parent Dynamic Type, and that object has 3 child items, how do I get those in the API??

I see "SystemChildItems" and "SystemHasChildItems"

But neither show any items, when the UI shows 3

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

I too would like an answer to this!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Here are some documentation articles that should help you get started with hierarchical content types.

Regards,

Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

Just wondering, can a child item have multiple parent items?

EG, if the parent item is a contact list and the child item is a contact, can the contact be the child of more than one contact list?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Andy,

Items can have more than one parent but you need to add some custom modifications. In the content types that need to refer to your specific content type add guids or array of guid fields that keep the item ids of the content type they refer. You can use this blog post to help you get started. It requires some custom development but still you can get some pretty nice results. We will definitely have this implemented for future releases but for now using sitefinity backend UI you can only set up items that have one parent.

To speed up the development process I suggest you to use Sitefinity Thunder Visual Studio extension.

Regards,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed