Password Protect Site

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:14

Password Protect Site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to password protect a Sitefinity site in IIS 7.5 but am not having any luck.

The first thing I tried was turning off Anonymous access in IIS under Authentication and that works for most of the site except when I go into ~/sitefinity/pages and I get an error that says Anonymous access must be turned on (see screenshot)...

Any other things I can try to make this work?  Or other ways of making the entire site/domain password protected?

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2012 00:00

Any news on this?  It's been over a month

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Ben,

In Sitefinity 3.7,  I use the method presented by Gabe Summer, where you use the IHttpModule to limit the filepath by IP address. http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/blog/10-03-04/How_to_secure_Sitefinity_rsquo_s_Administrative_UI.aspx   I believe you can do the same with Sitefinity 4 and 5.    As soon as I get done with my current project I will see if this will work in a web app Sitefinity 5.1..   I like limiting access to the back end also.

Hopefully this info will be helpful
David Pearson

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply!

Well everything is VERY different in 5.1 so I would NOT expect your way to just work but definitely keep me posted.

Thanks!

Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2013 00:00

What I had to do in Sitefnity 4.x was something wacky like create a widget that redirects if not authenticated and place it in the "master" page template.

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Custom.Membership
    public partial class AuthCheck : System.Web.UI.UserControl

public string RedirectPage

get;
            set;

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

if (!HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated)

Response.Redirect(RedirectPage);

Anyone know of a better way to do this in Sitefinity 6+?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Hello Basem,

You can take a look at the following blog post for a solution. The approach described there is available for 5.2+ versions of Sitefinity. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed