Delete Form Builder database tables or columns

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:36

Delete Form Builder database tables or columns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Using the Form Builder I added a textbox and then deleted it. It left behind an orphaned column named "form_text_box" in my forms db table. Is it safe to delete this column as there is now no field on the form associated with it? Also, I created a form and then deleted it and decided to start from scratch. Is it safe to delete the table in the db that was left behind by my discarded form?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

I ticketed this a while ago, here's the response

As you properly pointed out, each time a from is created, a corresponding table for this form is also created in the database. However, you cannot simply delete the column. Each control is also stored in the sf_meta_fields table as a dynamic property, so after you restart your application, Sitefinity will first check all dynamic properties, compare them to the columns in the form tables, and if a column is missing, will recreate it. This is why if you want to delete the column of the control from the database you should perform the following steps:
1. Delete the widget from your form;
2. Go to sf_meta_types, find the id of your form and with this id, find the corresponding dynamic property in the sf_meta_fields table. 
3. Then delete the property and delete the column in the form table.

This thread is closed