'Insert a document or other file" template modifica

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:12

'Insert a document or other file" template modification?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi!
I am trying to find out if this is possible and if it is, how do I go about it. Its a slight mod of the document manager. The screen where you can select the document from the library shows:

A thumbnail of the doc type, name of the document, size of the document, when it was uploaded and who uploaded it. Is it possible to also show any tags or categories attached to this document. I don't imagine it would be difficult, I just need to find where this template is to make the small tweak.

Hope someone can help,
Owain.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Owain,

As my colleague Boyan stated in a ticket submited by you, unfortunately Sitefinity does not support this functionality for now, but I have logged a PITS request for you. You can follow the progress and rate it from the link provided. 

For your convenience I am pasting our replay below:

"Hi Owain,

We have spent the good part of the day researching for possible ways of plugging custom logic for the document selection screen. Unfortunately we were not able to find a way to achieve the desired filtering, as there's not way to replace the default control used - MediaContentSelectorView, and the Category is not passed in the JSON for documents (as it's a metafield and can be retrieved serverside from the database) so it's not possible to display it in the items list.

I am sorry we could not help you on this request, it turns out that the required functionality is a new feature that needs to be implemented for the selector. In the meantime the only workaround we could suggest is to use unique naming for the documents or arrange them in libraries reflecting the categories structure.

Once again, please excuse us for the caused inconvenience.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev"

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Pavel,
Sorry about that, I remembered raising a ticket but I for the ticket I was look at ways to filter by category rather than just display the category information after using the search option. I just guessed that since the information such as date created and user were passed to the screen that a hack to also display the category would be available. I misunderstood and hence the reason I posted on the forum.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I will need to rate it as this is a huge issue for us now since we have documents with the same title under different categories.

This thread is closed