Resource Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:44

Resource Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2012 00:00

It would appear something has gone awry with the back-end of a site we are working on. I'm unsure of when it occurred but I am getting the following symptoms:

-Under the "design" tab on the dash board the bottom link has changed to this: "Invalid resource:ResponsiveDesignResources.ResponsiveAndMobileDesignNodeTitle"

-Going to the "Administration" tab and clicking on "Permissions" eventually greets me with this error "Could not find the specified key "AccessResponsiveDesign" or class id "ResponsiveDesignResources"."

These things lead me to believe something has occurred with the responsive design section of the backend but I have no real idea of how to go about correcting this. Any help would be appreciated

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am also getting this error. I haven't touched the backend pages.

any help would be great
Kieran

I was able to determine that the second error is just a symptom of the deeper issue. It's saying there are illegal paths in the field because when attempting to get the class ID it returns an error which it uses for the address of the link.

So the second error is a red herring and the real issue lies within the fact that for some reason the responsive design modules class id is not getting loaded. As it's key is clearly visible in the various config files.

Though I feel without some support it will be very tough to determine what has happened on the backend. From everything I have read my hunch would be it trying to load the class ID twice resulting in ambiguity and causing the issues. but that is nothing more than a hunch

Just encountered this issue on another site. I was attempting to access a document file when it began to hang. Chrome then suggested I kill the page which I did. I then shut down Sitefinity and when I reloaded it the error was now on this site as well. Rather frustrating to have to go to our clients and tell them this error is happening and it is out of our control.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

We have discussed the behaviour of the system and the possible solution in the following forum thread.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed