Module builder content types - page specific?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:29

Module builder content types - page specific?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Sitefinity, and I may be missing something....but this is how I would like to use the Module Builder (using a rotator with images and text as an example).

I would like to create a module called Rotator, and have a content type of Slides. Each slide will have an Image, Text, and a Link (which would be a Page Selector. This is not available in the module builder fields. Why? The only solution is to use a Rich Text editor to create a hyperlink, which is not ideal in my opinion).

Instead of defining the slides in the module to be used sitewide when dragged on the page, (e.g. the same slides would be used on every page), I would like to go to a page and be able to create an arbitrary number of slides specific only to that page. In other words, I would like to have a rotator with different images for each page, but using the same content types that I would create in Module Builder.

I have done a lot of research and could not find that this functionality is possible with Module Builder. Am I missing something? I don't want to create a separate content type for each page.

Would another option be to use a widget instead on the page? What if I wanted to have a slide that I wanted to add an arbitrary number of images and text fields to? Can that be done with a widget? (It would be hierarchical.)

Basically, my problem is that the Module Builder gives me the functionality to create hierarchical content types which is very useful, and widgets seem to give the functionality to make page-specific content, but I need the combination of the two. (similar to Ektron smart forms.)

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Is functionality for this included in the plan for future Sitefinity versions?
Thanks!
Becca

Thanks!

This thread is closed